Rayplex Gray Surface Primer Quart
Click Picture for more Info
This is an all in one coat! This primer provides rapid coat build-up and a smooth surface with high gloss.
- Low porosity providing a super-fine leveling and filling system on a variety of substrates with superior release properties.
- Adhesion versatility with a heat distortion level of 201°F. This primer also adheres to fiberglass, properly prepared metal, wood, medium density fiberboard, brick, concrete, polyurethane foam, and most Epoxies.
- The rapid coat build saves time and labor costs.
- Easy sanding which saves you even more time and labor. It cures to a surface that will polish to a high gloss, when required.
- Prepare the surface for priming. Sand and clean where needed.
- It should be clean, dry, and free from oil, grease, wax, or other contaminants. You can wipe the sanded surface with a fast solvent and a clean white cloth or paper towel. Do not use a tack rag.
- Thoroughly stir Primer in the can prior to catalyzing. Due to the rapid gel time of the primer, mix only the amount that can be applied within 16 to 18 minutes. (Higher temperatures yield a shorter pot life and gel time, while lower temperatures yield a longer pot life and gel time). Catalyze at 2% with MEKP catalyst.
- Thin 10-30% with a fast acrylic lacquer thinner after catalyzation, if necessary, to achieve a desired spray viscosity.
- Ambient temperature should be in excess of 60°F, or 16°C, to ensure a rapid and complete cure.
Precautions: Gray surface primer is extremely flammable. Do not spray near sparks, open flame or heat. Keep area ventilated. Avoid continuous breathing of vapor or spray mist. Do not smoke while using this product or ingest this product. See MSDS for more details.